The UWB Hacks is a 13-hour event, which can be a little daunting. Not sure how to prepare? Don’t worry, this list has you covered.
1-2 Weeks Before
- Make a team. 6 should be the max, but any group size below that is fine.
- Brainstorm ideas. Not sure where to start? Check out our project ideas page to get your creative juices flowing.
- Get reacquainted with your IDE, and what programming language your team plans on using. If it’s been a while, try out a “Hello World”, just to ensure your development environment works.
- Sign up for an account with a cloud provider. Check out our provider overview for more information about free tier access and account credits.
Dawn of the Final Day
So you’ve got your teams picked out, and the Hackathon is in the morning. What should you do the day before to prepare?
24 Hours Remain
- Charge your devices
- This includes: laptops, phones, battery packs, etc.
- Check-in with your group
- Make a playlist
What to Bring to the Event
- Power Cables
- USB Cables
- (Mechanical) Keyboard
- HDMI Cable
- Adapter Cables to full-size HDMI, USB
- (Charged) Phone + Charger
- Water bottle
The Ultimate Hackathon Checklist - Medium A more in-depth checklist of what to bring and prepare for a hackathon.
So, you’re new to hackathons. - dev.to Tailored more for MLH hackathons, but may still be useful for this event too.
A Comprehensive Guide on How to Hackathon A great overview on how to make your hackathon project (and experience) a success. Written by a UWB Hacks mentor!